I’ve always been a fan of fringe, but other than a pair of suede knee-high boots (i haven’t worn in a million years), I generally steer away from it. Knowing it’s a polarizing trend, I’ve been avoiding it…maybe even intimidated by it (i know right? ME? The girl who wears purple lipstick and sequins?!) But here’s what I’ve learned –like most statement fashion trends, keeping the look simple and understated makes the biggest impact.
Here’s a look at fringe fashion I could picture myself braving to wear. Life’s to short, Carina…just wear the damn fringe!
- to-die-for suede jacket
- pair this with a basic black tee and booties
- for a cozy fall evening
- sexy heels to jazz up a simple LBD
- a bucket bag to go with everything
I love a good fashion cliché– and I don’t really care if you judge me. I like animal print, red lips, and denim on denim (check out my take, here).
Here are a few denim looks, I’ve been obsessing over lately. How do you feel about denim on denim?
Images via 1, 2, 3, 4
When shopping for the upcoming season, I spend a lot of time browsing the internet. It might sound silly, but it’s almost like doing research — I study latest trends, read fashion blogs, and peruse all my favorite stores’ websites to create a mental wish list with two categories: things I need for the season and things that I want to have.
I shop online, but I’m the type of person who needs to try things on. I like to touch and feel everything in order to have a better understanding of how things will fit on my body. So, with my mental wish list in mind, as I find myself at different stores, I will try things on before making my purchase.
I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I’m short, curvy and busty… I HAVE to try things on.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to share my list with you, as I create them. So here are a few things from ZARA that I’ll be looking out for this season.
- this sexy little thing to wear with smokey eyes for date night
- a mustard colored hat
- NEED and WANT this
- these perfectly purple hued shoes for a pop of color
- a lux velvet kimono to wear with everything
- a very boho statement necklace
- love the chain detail of this casual and chic shopper
- a great work shoe for a girl on the go, like me!
- this top with a modern take on the prudish turtleneck